June 28, 2011

Tour Blog #12, 13



First of all. I have to give it up for the "R's" that have saved my brain on this tour. Ricky Gervais Podcast and The Rich Eisen Podcast. Thank you for providing me with great entertainment.

I have a lot of writing to do but I won't make this too long.

We hit up Mother's Cafe in DT Portland and afterwards we tried to hit up VooDoo Donuts. The DT location was closed for remodeling so we decided to hit up the other location. We get there and there is a gigantic line outside the building. We passed on the donut idea and drove to Tacoma. I've never been to Washington but Zoo Animal has been there 2x before. We played a friend's living room to about 30-40 people who knew all of Holly's lyrics. Great show with pretty nice people. The Hosts Aaron and Stephanie were great house show hosts. Holly's other sister lived a few blocks away so we got to do laundry, shower, and just recharge after the brutal SF to Portland drive we did the other day.

The next day we woke up and just lounged around the house. The weather was perfect (raining and 60s) and made us all sleepy. We had some lunch near "the sound" in Tacoma. Basically a sweet body of water (see pic). I totally had to blast Julee Cruise and Angelo Badalamenti (Twin Peaks soundtrack) while driving around in Washington. Anyways... we got ready for our show in Seattle. It was pride weekend and the streets were packed and impossible the park on. We parked downhill a block away and loaded from there. The Arabica Lounge is a new place in Capitol Hill that has a cool vibe but not too many shows. The show was slow but the local band, Slow Skate, totally killed it. For any fan of "Beach House" you would dig them. I took a walk before they played and kind of explored the neighborhood. So this is where Sub Pop, Nirvana, Sunny Day Real Estate is from? Hell...even Kill Sadie moved out here (Minus The Knol)....Cool town but man it was loud and just too busy for my extreme love. I want to give it another chance but perhaps on a vacation. Visually...Seattle is fookin' awesome.

Tim's Dad just moved out there so we stayed with him as we had to get rest for our 14 hour drive to WY. Denver was two days away and this is where I'll stop. My wrist is killing me. No time to edit.

Coming up: Steve Yasgar & Lee VanLith sightings!

No comments: