June 18, 2011

Tour Blog #4-5



Tour day #4 & 5
Unfortunately I don’t have much to say, as Austin was a complete bust. When we arrived on Thursday night we stayed at our hotel and just recharged. I guess our show fell through at some point during the night so we scrambled to contact venues and folks we knew. My friend tried getting us on a bill at a venue that was shutting down and that seemed promising.

We woke up the next day to go downtown and get some food at a grocery store. All I was craving was fruit and a juice. My credit card? Hah. Declined. I’ll admit and say I am pretty good about my books but I just had so much on my mind I forgot to collect money from someone to put in the bank. So yeah…thanks Mom for the boost and help! I feel weird admitting that I messed up – but it turns out everything will be ok. I got funds coming so I can pay back my Mother asap. :::ducks under a storm of shame bottles being thrown at me:::

We then made our way to the venue that my friend said she could try to hook us up with. After a couple of hours of waiting the guy said, “yes”. Awesome! Right as we are about to load in they tell us it’s a no go. We’re all pretty frustrated at this point and book a hotel 7 hours west. Did I breathe wrong in Texas? I guess I must have messed with it somehow because it did not like us very much. Perhaps I will have to give Austin another try someday.

Tim and I took care of the brutal driving and discussed foreign languages and where we’d like to live. Ricky Gervais' podcast provided some excellent laughs. We arrived at our hotel last night at 3am and proceeded to crash. Best part about this hotel? Holly got us an early check in so we don’t have to bail until tomorrow at 11am. Meaning that we checked in Saturday at 3am and won’t have to leave until 11am Sunday. $50! Baller status? Yep. You bet your sweet ass.

Today we went swimming in the hotel’s out door pool as it’s pretty damn hot here in Western desert land Texas. The water was freezing so Holly and I decided to jog around the hotel for a bit. I could only last one lap, as the heat was just too much. I jumped right in and felt bliss. The party got ruined once a couple of Jeff Foxworthy’s redneck friends showed up to the pool. Uh…yep. Time to bail on that scene.

Our bellies were grumbling so we decided to look for killer Mexican food. There was some place that John Madden raves about but we went to the wrong/right one. I got a barbacoa burrito for $3.50 and it really hit the spot. Since Holly bought lunch I decided it would only be fair to buy us some Coors light since we’re going to be here all day in the hot hot heat. Might as well make this a fun ride eh?

Tomorrow comes Phoenix and I can’t wait to start playing again. We have one day off until the end of the tour. Lots of long drives but plenty of familiar faces coming up. Cheers.

p.s. I also recorded a Zoo Animal Podcast today. Hopefully I’ll get to edit that today with my Coors Light.

3 comments:

SBDangerous said...

i like this blog. keep going wif it.

AGNTPLZ said...

you got it SBDangerous. This Scott?

Joash de Cabin said...

You will be able to see the number of pages on the results screen before viewing the document. While viewing the document, you can print one page or multiple pages for no additional charge.
Land Texas